3.2.1 Shaw collects Customer's Personal Information for the following purposes, to:
- establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you;
- understand your needs as a Customer and your eligibility for products and services;
- recommend particular products, services and opportunities to its Customers;
- provide information to you about developments and new products;
- develop, enhance and market products and service and/or provide products and services to its Customers;
- process billing and collection of the fees for the Shaw products and services you have purchased and/or subscribed to;
- perform or order credit checks;
- deliver its products and/or services to its Customers; and
- meet Shaw's legal and regulatory requirements.
3.2.2 Shaw collects Employee's Personal Information for the following purposes, to:
- administer payroll and benefits;
- administer personnel and employment programs;
- document an Employee's file in the normal course of the employment relationship (i.e. performance reviews, etc.); and
- provide references regarding current or former employees in response to requests from prospective employers.
3.2.3 Shaw collects Web Site User's Personal Information for purposes generally identified on the Shaw website at the time of collection. These purposes may include to:
- send you information, updates you've requested, or answer your questions;
- register your participation to a contest;
- register you in an encrypted secure zone; and
- assess your job application.
3.2.4 When Shaw chooses to use Personal Information for a purpose not previously identified, Shaw will identify the new use. Unless such new use is required by law, the consent of the Customer, Employee or Web Site User is required before the Personal Information can be used for that new purpose.
You can opt-out of several third party ad servers' and networks' cookies simultaneously using a tool created by the Network Advertising Initiative located at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp. Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the network from which you opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns.
Collection and Use of Television Set-Top Box Data: Certain digital set-top boxes used by Customers who subscribe for cable television services automatically collect raw household tuning data (the "Tuning Data"). Tuning Data can be used for diagnostic purposes and to measure television viewership. Shaw creates a database of anonymized and aggregated viewing behaviour by pairing Tuning Data with non-sensitive information in Customer files. This helps Shaw understand Customer reactions to television content and advertising. The collection of Tuning Data is critical to operating our cable television services and cannot be disabled. However, you can choose to opt-out of Shaw's use of Tuning Data in an anonymized and aggregated database by using the process described in Subsection 3.3.